The yogurt used for this salad should be greek style, natural or best to be homemade. The lime juice is added to ensure sweetness of the yogurt is controlled. If the yogurt is sour already, you don’t need to add the lime juice. Salt is used to control the acidity and sourness of the yogurt.
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 boiled potato, diced
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves, finely ground
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Gently beat yogurt until smooth & creamy. Add all ingredients and stir into yogurt. Serve chilled as a side at your BBQ or with Steak. Sprinkle top with dried mint.
You can make this into a diet salad by replacing with low fat yogurt.